A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer of Promise (Westward Winds #1) - Amanda Cabot

This was a book that I picked up for free back in May.  Last year, I had the opportunity to read Paper Roses and have kept my eye out for another one.  I was glad when this one popped up for free.  This is a new series for the author that came out in January.

Abigail lives in Vermont and has a very structured life.  She knows exactly what she wants to do with her life, who she wants to spend it with and what will happen in the future.  As usual, things don't really fall in line with what she plans.

Abigail feels that something is wrong with her sister.  She doesn't have anything concrete to go on, but there's just something that isn't right about her letters.  So, Abigail has decided to travel out to Wyoming to find out what's going on.  The trip is eventful with the stagecoach being held up.  The savior of the moment is Ethan, a lieutenant at nearby Fort Laramie.

Ethan has to deal with many things at the Fort, the most interesting now being Abigail.  He is friends with the husband of Abigail's sister and has been asked by him, as a favor, to attend dinners and try to keep Abigail out of his way.

Stage coach robberies, deserters, rambunctious puppies, high-risk pregnancies, rattlesnakes and hog houses abound in this book that is full of adventure and romance.  These two are incredibly slow to realize their love for each other, but circumstances prevent them from being open to understanding their feelings.

I really enjoyed this book.  It wasn't too long and it was enough to keep me interested through the entire thing.  Book 2 is due out in January, Waiting for Spring.  Understandably, right now this book doesn't have an ASIN number to track, but I'll do my best to remember to keep an eye on it and get it on my watch list.  Good Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment