A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Fatal Judgment (Guardians of Justice #1) - Irene Hannon

This one popped up for free and I picked it up.  In the past, I have read Against the Odds from her Heroes of Quantico series.  This isn't my usual type of book that I enjoy reading, but every once in a while, I like to shake things up a bit.

At the beginning, we're dealing with a shooting.  Liz's sister has been shot and the husband that she has just left is the main suspect.  When he is cleared, it starts to look like Liz was the main target.  Being a federal judge, she is put under the protection of the U.S. Marshals, specifically, Jake.

Jake doesn't enjoy the prospect of watching over his best friend's wife.  His friend died a few years ago, and he thinks that Liz was not a supportive wife at all.  As they come to know each other a little better, it starts to become clear that he may have been misled.

Once they notice that they are beginning to have feelings for each other, they both come to the conclusion that the murderer needs to be caught before they can explore their feelings further.  Jake is under a lot of pressure to get the case solved and Liz wants to get back to her life.

This was a good book.  I was a little peeved at the fact that both Liz and Jake had a previous spouse that had died.  For some reason, it bothers me that it becomes a convenient way to give people a background and make them available at the same time.  I'm just a hopeless romantic and I don't necessarily like the whole idea of killing off spouses.  Personal preference.

There are two more books in this series: Deadly Pursuit and Lethal Legacy.  The latter is available August 1, 2012.  If more of this author's books pop up for free, I'll pick them up, but I don't plan on tracking them.  Good Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment