A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, August 22, 2014

Within My Heart (Timber Ridge Reflections #3) - Tamera Alexander

Wow, I really had to wait a LONG time to read this book!  I read the first two so long ago, I had to look up who the main characters were so I could determine which characters had been highlighted in previous books.  The first two books in this series are From a Distance and Beyond this Moment.

Rand is the town's doctor and has been through a lot.  He's had his eye on Rachel Boyd for a long time, but she's made it clear that she doesn't want to have anything to do with him.  When one of their friends begins to have heart troubles, they need to team up to try and make him better.

Rachel's husband died and she's unwilling to risk her heart again.  She looks at Rand through glasses that are tainted by memories of her father.  While it's unfair, the more time she spends with him, the more she has to admit that he may not have as much in common with her father as she believed.

These two both have fears they keep close.  Rand is deathly afraid of the dark, and with good reason I might add, and Rachel doesn't want to go through the pain of losing a spouse again.  They're going to have to overcome their fears to be together, especially Rachel.

The first book, From a Distance, was about Daniel and Elizabeth.  They both pop up in this book, as well as the characters from the second book, Beyond This Moment.  James and Molly are the main characters in that one and show up a lot as well, especially James since he's Rachel's brother.  You can read these out of order, but there are hints of things that have happened in the other books that I didn't remember.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment