A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Lonestar Angel (Lonestar #4) - Colleen Coble

After catching up on some NetGalley titles and dealing with a few days of headaches, I was able to get back to my Kindle and pick one of the zillion books awaiting me.  I read the rest of this series a few years ago and waited a long time for this one to drop in price.  The first three books in the series are Lonestar Sanctuary, Lonestar Secrets and Lonestar Homecoming.

Eden's daughter was taken and killed when she was only six weeks old.  Eden ran away from her husband and tried to put her life back together.  Now that she's about to receive a proposal of marriage, her ex-husband shows up and tells her they're still married.  Not only that, but there's hope that their daughter is still alive.  Dropping everything, she chases the possibility.

Clay never wanted Eden to leave.  He's received a photograph showing where his daughter might be, but he needs Eden's help.  The ranch where she's supposedly at has a job opening, but it's for a couple.  He's hoping for a happy ending where he finds their daughter and they're able to put their relationship back together.

There's more than meets the eye.  Four of the girls could be their daughter and they need to find a way to find the truth.  In the meantime, someone is threatening Eden and making attempts on her life.  She still loves Clay, but she's  afraid to try again with Clay.

I loved this book.  It's been a while since I've read a really good romantic suspense and Coble is always a safe bet.  Her characters are believable and the personalities she portrayed for some of the children were cute.  Looking back, all the main characters from the other books show up.  You can read them out of order and not miss much.

I was SO glad to finally finish this series.  While looking up the names of the previous books, I found out that there is going to be a Christmas novella associated with this series. It comes out in November and is called All Is Calm.  I hope to get my hands on it and read it!  Great Book!

SIDE NOTE: You ever see a situation where you know something is wrong and it really irritates you?  I've seen parents at the zoo incorrectly identify animals to their small children.  I bit my tongue.  Also, a koala is NOT a bear.  It's a marsupial.  For some reason, that really bugs me.  What does that have to do with this book?  Well, there was a moment where they were headed to the buffalo ranch.  While at the National Bison Range last year, we learned that "buffalo" refers to a water buffalo, while the brown, shaggy creatures in North America are called "bison."  I thought it was super cute that a five-year-old corrected the adults in this book.  It really made me smile...


No comments:

Post a Comment