A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Perfectly Matched (Blue Willow Brides #3) - Maggie Brendan

I've read a few of this author's books in the past and always enjoyed them.  This is the third book in this series.  The first two are Deeply Devoted and Twice Promised.

Anna has agreed to be a mail-order bride and is starting her new life with Edward.  They didn't exchange many letters before marrying, so she has quite a bit of adjusting to do. When she discovers that Edward is very particular and even has a list for her, she wonders what she's gotten herself into.

Edward might be particular, but he makes a lot of progress with Anna's help.  He starts out wanting everything to be perfect, but soon has a slightly messy house, animals everywhere and a wife who seems to have priorities other than him.

I'm torn on how I feel about this book.  I liked Edward's character and thought he worked hard to be a good husband and adjust to Anna's personality.  On the other hand, I don't feel that Anna changed at all or even tried to compromise on anything.  She brings home stray animals without consulting him, even spends $100 to buy an ailing horse, then gets mad at him when he's upset about it!  She seemed to get everything she wanted without giving anything to Edward.  I don't count making apple dumplings.

Also, being the prude that I am, I was a little surprised at all the "intimate" moments.  While it's nothing graphic, there was too much of it in there for me.

Anyway, the book was pretty good, but it's probably my least favorite of the series.  You can easily read any of these out of order and not miss anything.  My final decision is 3.5/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment