A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, August 25, 2014

Talon (A Breed Apart #2) - Ronie Kendig

I finally finished this series!  It took me a while, but here we are.  The first book in the series is Trinity and the third is Beowulf.

Aspen has never given up that her twin brother, Austin, is still alive.  Even though the military has written him off as dead, she just knows he's out there.  She's willing to put her life on the line to get answers, but everyone tries to protect her.

Cardinal has agreed to find the man he trained to be a spy, but he needs the help of his former combat dog, Talon.  When he finds out that he'll have to be working with Aspen, he wants to back out.  He doesn't work with women.  Threats are handed out and he agrees.

Working with Aspen begins to get under Cardinal's skin.  That's not even his real name. He has to push her away for her own safety, but she keeps trusting him when times get tough.  Cardinal knows he doesn't deserve her love and tries to focus on the mission.

This book was very well balanced between action and romance.  There's just enough of both to keep the pages turning.  I have to be careful picking up a book by this author because it ends up being hazardous to my eyes!  Finished in two days.  And that's only because I needed to sleep...

Great series.  I read Beowulf first, then Trinity.  After Beowulf, I thought it would be okay to read them out of order, but wasn't as sure once I'd finished Trinity.  Overall, I think it's possible to read them out of order, but you're going to get a much more complete picture if you read them in order.  For instance, we see quite a bit of interaction between Candyman and Timbrel in this book.  Their rocky relationship is the basis for the third book and you'd understand them better.

This entire series was a great read and I would recommend any and all of the books. Great Book!




No comments:

Post a Comment