A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fit to Be Tied (The Sisters of Bethlehem Springs #2) - Robin Lee Hatcher

I've read a few of this author's books now including the entire Coming to America series (Dear Lady, Patterns of Love, In His Arms and Promised to Me) and also two books of the books in the Where the Heart Lives series (Belonging, Betrayal - Beloved being the final book).  There was also a stand alone, Heart of Gold, that I've read.  The first book in this series, A Vote of Confidence, I read before I started my blog.

Cleo is a rancher.  She wrangles horses, wears jeans and doesn't mind hard work.  When her father tells her that an Englishman is coming to stay with them for a year, the last thing she wants to do is deal with a snooty, high society man.  Biased, she gives him menial tasks and ends up being surprised at his determination to do the work without complaining.

Sherwood "Woody" has been sent by his father to the ranch.  Not knowing what to expect, he hopes to escape his current path in life.  Wounds he got in the war are both physical and mental, but he'll never complain to a woman like Cleo.  As they start to get to know one another, their differences begin to fade, but will they discover they like each other enough that once his year in America is over, they'll find the common ground to stay together?

I did enjoy this book.  It was a fast, easy read and I loved Cleo's spunk and the way she treated Woody at first.  No special treatment for the son of a duke!  The first book in the series was about Gwen, Cleo's sister, and she shows up quite a bit in this book.  While you get a lot of the lives of Morgan and Gwen, you don't get much of the story of how they ended up together.  In my opinion, this makes it a safe series to read out of order.  The final book in the series, A Matter of Character, is about Daphne, Morgan's sister.  I'm on the lookout for it and hope to read it sometime in the future.  Good Book!




No comments:

Post a Comment