A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Most Peculiar Circumstance (Ladies of Distinction #2) - Jen Turano

I'm happy to say that I'm all caught up with this series!  I've read the novella, Gentleman of Her Dreams, the first book, A Change of Fortune, and also the third book, A Talent for Trouble.  This particular book is the second in the series.

Arabella is devoted to the suffrage movement.  On her way back home, she encounters a distraught mother who begs Arabella to find her daughter and return her home.  Once the young woman is located, Arabella's troubles begin.

Theodore has been asked to track down Arabella and bring her home for a wedding. Even though he's too late for that, he's just in time to bail her out of jail.  She then proceeds to bury him with information on why he should change his medieval views on women and come around to her way of thinking.

At first glance, these two are the least likely match you'll find.  As they begin to understand one another, they seem to have more in common than they believed.  While Arabella is still in danger, Theodore is determined to try and keep her safe despite herself.

This was another winner by Turano.  I loved the characters and how they learned to compromise.  It wasn't a big deal that I had read them out of order and that's something I really enjoy in a series.  You get to see the personalities of all the characters, even the ones that appear in the previous books.  In my review of A Talent for Trouble, I mentioned that I hoped there was more because we haven't settled Agatha and Zayne's fate.  I'm happy to say that A Match of Wits, book 4, is due out in July and we'll get to read their story.  It's already on my watch list.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment