A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Rosemary Cottage (Hope Beach #2) - Colleen Coble

This is one of my favorite authors.  The first book in this series, Tidewater Inn, was a great read and I looked forward to reading this one.

Amy has come to the island to investigate the death of her brother.  Most of her friends and family are telling her that it was a horrible accident, but Amy has gotten an email telling her there is more to the story.  Determined to get to the truth, Amy moves to the island and decides to set up business as a midwife.

Curtis works for the Coast Guard and has been taking care of his sister's daughter.  His sister was killed by a boat and now that Amy is on the island, his aunt is pushing him to tell Amy that the child's father was her brother.  Both families come from money, so once Amy tells her parents, a custody battle begins, which also threatens the growing feelings between Amy and Curtis.

Overall a great read.  There are plenty of twists and turns, although I had some of it figured out.  This book explores the dangers of setting people on pedestals, especially seeing family members as incapable of any wrong.  The characters from book 1, Libby and Alec, show up but in a minor role.  It would be okay to read these out of order.  What I love about series written by Colleen Coble is the fact that you can read them out of order and still get a great read.

As of now, I couldn't find the title of the next book in this series, but I believe that there will be at least one more.  Her series come in groups of three most of the time.  The next book I found coming out is called Butterfly Palace and comes out in January.  From the sounds of it, this will be part of the Under the Stars series, but I can't say for certain.  Rosemary Cottage was a great read and I look forward to the next release from one of my favorite authors! Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment