A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Blue Moon Promise (Under Texas Stars #1) - Colleen Coble

I had been waiting for quite a while before this book dropped in price.  I have read the second book in the series, Safe in His Arms, and looked forward to the opportunity to read this one.  Coble is one of my favorite authors.

When she loses her job and is on the verge of eviction from her home in Indiana, Lucy feels desperate.  In an effort to keep her brother and sister with her, she takes a man up on his offer to marry his son.  The man has documentation that allows him to act as his agent and the marriage is accomplished without Lucy setting eyes on her groom.  When she arrives in Texas, she encounters a justifiably upset groom.  Rather than allow her small stature to cower in fear, she is determined to make the marriage work and be the woman that Nate needs on his ranch.

Nate can’t believe what his father has done to him now.  Although he starts out resenting Lucy's presence, Nate quickly comes to see the four of them as a family.  He and Lucy get along well enough, and with danger following Lucy’s family, he has his work cut out for him taking care of them.  When he finds out that the death of Lucy’s father may not have been an accident, the stakes become higher.

This is another great read from this author.  I've always been able to pick up one of Colleen Coble’s books and not be disappointed.  As usual, this one was great from beginning to end.  I couldn't find any evidence of another upcoming book in this series, but book 2 just came out in January and she just had the release of Rosemary Cottage, part of the Hope Beach series, in early July, so I'll keep my eyes out.  I'm hoping the third one might be about Fanny, Lucy's cousin who pines away for her lost love, but I can't remember if she's mentioned in book 2. Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment