A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Mudlark - Delle Jacobs

Ok, so this one was a freebie from the last century I think.  I've had it around for quite some time and finally broke down and read it.  I had to admit that I was pleasantly surprised.

Izzy (Isolde) and Tristan are being pushed into a marriage with each other by their respective fathers.  Both against their wishes.  The first time Tristan sees Izzy, she has just returned home after rescuing a kitten from a frozen river and was very muddy and wet.  This didn't make the best impression on Tristan, who believes that his Patricia would NEVER be seen in such a state.

Izzy feels that her Donald is meant for her.  A parson, she has known him since childhood and feels that he would be the most prudent match for her.  Since neither Tristan or Izzy want to marry the other, the two hatch a plan that will get them a marriage to the person that they feel they need.

Problem is, Izzy makes Tristan feel again.  He tends to keep things to himself and brood.  Badly wounded in the war, he still has some lingering physical issues that he becomes unable to hide from Izzy.  The two are thrown together in all sorts of ways and start to realize that what they need is not what they thought they wanted.  They need each other.

This one was no mystery.  You knew that Tristan and Isolde would end up together, it was just the journey there that was the adventure.  It was clean enough, which is always a plus for me.  I have another one from this author on my Kindle and I'll get to it soon enough.  This one gets a Good Book review from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment