A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

More - Heidi Marshall

This one was up for free a little while ago.  It's more contemporary than I usually read, but I thought I would give it a chance.

Kate is single and alone.  She wants a family badly and this book is her journey to finding that love.  She has some really bad luck with men: ones that don't want what she wants, betrayers and men that end up more like brothers than boyfriends.

Jacob is across the country and is a landscape architect for Kate's mother.  Kate ends up at her mother's house twice during the book, giving Jacob and Kate little interaction throughout the book, but you know where it's going to end up.

A few minor issues with the book.  They weren't bad enough to make me stop reading, but they were annoying.  There were more of the random/wrong words intermingled in there.  I've seen it before.  I'm not sure if it's a result of the book being changed over to Kindle format or bad editing.  Spell check does not fix all.  The other issue was that there were flashbacks in there with no warning.  I would be reading a section and realize that it was a memory.

All in all, it was a pleasant read.  I'll go ahead and give it my Good Book stamp of approval. 

No comments:

Post a Comment