A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Invisible (Ivy Malone Series #1) - Lorena McCourtney

Well, I was feeling a little bummed on January 1 because I have about a zillion books on my watch list and had NO hits this month.  No watched books went to freebie OR even dropped in price.  Thus, I have decided that this is a good time to try and finally catch up with all the books that I've had forever and decide how good I think they are.  This is one that I picked up over a year ago...

Ivy is like a Miss Marple type.  She's elderly and has her friend, Thea, to keep her going.  After her friend dies, Ivy realizes that she seems to be invisible to most people.  She decides to use her "super powers" for good.  There are vandals in the local cemetery and she decides to dress in camouflage and try to catch the license plate of the whippersnappers.

This is where I left off.  I was 20% into the book and thought "Why do I have this on my Kindle?"  When I get to this part, it's time to let it go and try something else.  Most of the ones that I have left on my Kindle are super old, so who knows if I'll be able to find anything good.  Back then, I was clicking on books just because they were free.  This one should have been a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment