A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I raised two wonderful girls, and I'm super proud of them. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Streams of Silver (Icewind Dale #2) - R. A. Salvatore

This is the second book in the series. The first book was The Crystal Shard, and I'll be diving into The Halfling's Gem after my next nonfiction book. 

In this book, we're on a quest with Bruenor to find his ancestral home of Mithral Hall. There are a few things going on. Drizzt is being pursued by a wizard searching for the buried Crystal Shard. Regis is being pursued by Entreri, an assassin sent to retrieve the ruby pendant he stole, and Catti-Brie, though left behind, gets wrapped up in the adventure as well. Shimmergloom, a shadow dragon, has taken up residence in Mithral Hall, so even if the party can get there in one piece, there's danger waiting.

This was another good book. I liked the depth to the characters and how Entreri was the antithesis of Drizzt. That'll come in the next book. The assassin has the gem, Regis, and Drizzt's shadow cat. Not cool. I really liked the storyline with Morkai, the slave wizard who was trying to break free from Dendybar. I mean, the man had a golem that was practically indestructible. Scary stuff. The end was sad, but I want to read into one sentence about a stone moving. Maybe the dwarf torch still lives? That made me super sad. It can't be the end for him, can it?

There's not much more to say. I'm just glad I have the whole trilogy, because otherwise I would be peeved at the cliffhanger nature of these. But I don't have to worry about it. Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment