A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I raised two wonderful girls, and I'm super proud of them. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, September 23, 2024

The Clue in the Crumbling Wall (Nancy Drew #22) - Carolyn Keene

I was excited to get through my latest book so I could start on my Half Price Books pile. Sometimes it's good to take a trip across the mountains and go to three different stores! I did go a bit overboard, but I haven't been to a HPB in years, so that's the excuse I'm using. 

If you're not familiar with Nancy Drew, I don't know what to tell you. I have a few of these hardbacks. They're super fun to read, and they make no sense in reality (policemen aren't going to ask teenagers for help on a case). They're just nifty little mysteries for kids. And they're a jolt of nostalgia for me. 

Nancy is asked to help find a woman that's been missing for ten years. It will help a little girl stay out of trouble, because the little urchin keeps listening to the young ruffian next door. The little girl does terrible, horrific things like stealing rose bushes!

Anyway, Nancy is given the key to this rundown estate, and she heads there to search for clues. There's a lot to deal with, though. Locked in a tower, dogs, her friend's clothes are stolen, her other friend hides from the dogs in a tree and also decides to hide in the villain's car, an explosion...all sorts of exciting things!

Salty is definitely my favorite character. I know he's selling oysters, and I don't eat fish, but if he came by with a cart full of those things and was singing a ditty, I'd totally buy some! Don't know what I'd do with them after that, but that's irrelevanat.

Not much more to say. It's Nancy Drew! Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment