A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, November 29, 2021

Ill Met by a Fish Shop on George Street - Mark McShane

This is the third and final book I bought at the used book store. The cover and the title were enough for me to snatch it up, but I hoped that the book would be good as well. So far, I'm at 50%, since one was good and the other was something of a dud.

A chance meeting in town has brought together two men who have not seen each other since the night of a murder 30 years ago. Now that he's been recognized, the murderer waits for the police to arrive at his door, but when they don't come, he wonders what the other man could be up to. And now comes the chess game between the two men. But there's a third player moving the pieces, but neither man realizes it. It's pure brilliance.

The cover is hideous and has nothing to do with anything, but the book was great. I loved the ending. It kept me guessing, which is something that most mysteries struggle to do with me. At 159 pages, it started a bit slow, and I wondered why some things were mentioned, but it all became clear in time. For some reason, the only book I saw available from this author for Kindle was his book Seance on a Wet Afternoon. Why not this book? It's wonderful! Definitely gets a Good Book! review! If you love a good mystery with a twist ending, see if you can find a copy of this book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment