A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, November 15, 2021

Castle Midnight - Evelyn McKenna

Last week, we went on a family trip to one of my favorite places, Adventures Underground. Normally, I'm drawn to the board games, but this time, I went in search of some older and unloved-looking titles in the used book area. I found three candidates. This was one of them.

Beverly has lost her job, so it's not hard for her best friend to talk her into joining his scheme of tricking his girlfriend into thinking he's rich. Add to that, Bev has been secretly in love with him for years, so she knows it's going to be hard for her to help him with his "perfect match." Her job is to go to the remote Castle Midnight and get it ready for his rich, European love interest and her family. She heads off to the castle with another couple.

From the moment she arrives, strange things start happening. Things move without explanation, and when more help arrives, the danger increases. Her friend shows up and lets her know that the guests are arriving earlier than expected. From there, she's got her hands full.

At 192 pages, it only took me two days to read this book, and I actually liked it. It was pretty fast-paced for the most part, but I had one complaint. The end. Everything was explained so fast, I almost had whiplash. I did a brief bit of searching, and it doesn't look like this book is easy to find. And I think that's a shame. Sure, there's a few typos here and there, but I think it deserves to be digitized. Good Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment