A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, October 3, 2014

Out of the Storm (Beacons of Hope Novella) - Jody Hedlund

I really enjoyed reading this author's Michigan Brides series and was excited to see that she's writing more.  This novella is a start to the Beacons of Hope series and it's about lighthouses.

Isabelle lives with her father at the lighthouse.  On a stormy night, they pull the body of a man out of the raging waves and nurse him back to health.  Henry comes from a wealthy family and is anxious, at first, to get back to his luxurious life.  As he gets to know Isabelle, he finds himself not as homesick and enjoying the time he spends with her.  Although Isabelle wants to experience love, she has a secret that could shatter her dreams.

Since this is a novella, I won't say too much about the story line, but it was interesting and I enjoyed it.  There was a bit more of the passionate side toward the end, but it didn't bother me too much.  Around 60% of the entire thing is the novella, the rest is an excerpt from the first book in the series, Love Unexpected.  It's due to come out November 25, 2014.  The names are different, so this is a nice, little stand alone story and a bright spot in my day.  Good Novella!


No comments:

Post a Comment