A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Lady Anne's Quest (Prairie Dreams #2) - Susan Page Davis

This is the second book in the Prairie Dreams series.  The first one is called The Lady's Maid and the third is A Lady in the Making.

This book picks up right where the last one left off.  Anne is close to finding her uncle.  When she comes across someone calling themselves David Stone, she quickly figures out that he's not telling the truth.  There's a rumor that her uncle is checking out some mining land, and she sets out to find him.  She's come too far to quit now.

Dan fell in love with Anne on the wagon train, but she doesn't give him any hope.  He figures if he accompanies her to find her uncle, he'll have one more chance.  When he finds out she's the daughter of an earl, he feels like his chances are even slimmer.

The threat to Anne's uncle is still impacting her journey.  There's even more players that want to prevent her from reaching him.  The new ones aren't after him for the same reason, but they're still delaying Anne's reunion with her uncle.

While I enjoyed this book, I wish there had been a little more depth to Anne's feelings as they changed toward Dan.  I felt more connected with Dan's character than with Anne's.  There were a lot of typos in this version, but I didn't have any problems reading the story.  Since this book picks up where the last one left off, I was glad that I'd already read The Lady's Maid.  I'm not saying it's impossible to enjoy the series as stand alone books or read them out of order, but the mystery surrounding the uncle is a continuous thread and will continue into the next book.

The third book, A Lady in the Making, seems to revolve around Millie and David.  Millie's not a very likable character for most of this book, but she seems to honestly want to mend her ways toward the end.  I have this book waiting for me on my Kindle, and I'll be getting to it soon to finish out this series.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment