A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Loving Libby - Robin Lee Hatcher

I've read many books by this author and I can always count on a good read.  I was watching this one and picked it up when it dropped in price.

Libby ran away from her father when he tried to force her into a loveless marriage.  She thinks that she's finally found a safe have at Blue Springs, but times have been hard for her since her "aunt" died.  A neighbor wants her to sell and will do just about anything to push her away.  Suspecting the cad is lurking around her barn, she takes a rifle and shoots the man.  Unfortunately, it isn't her neighbor at all.  It's a stranger and she fears she may have killed him.

Remington has come to find the daughter of a wealthy man.  His main goal is vengeance for his father's death, but Libby piques his interest.  What could have forced this young woman to abandon every comfort to raise sheep in the middle of nowhere?  Since he's witnessed first-hand the ruthless nature of the neighbor, he feels the urge to protect Libby.  His main purpose fades as he falls in love with her, but he's afraid to reveal his secrets for fear of losing her.

Her father is a cruel man and will never give up looking for her.  No one defies his wishes. When Remington's secret is revealed, it's done in such a way that Libby questions everything she knows about him.

This was a good story.  I had no idea how this was going to turn out with a happy ending, but it was there in the end.  It was in a confusing way, but it was there.  I didn't understand the end where Remington is helped out by a friend and I felt like there were some questions left unanswered regarding Libby's father.  I don't want to say too much, since I don't like giving away too much about the story and these things happen at the end.  Overall, it was a good book, a quick, easy read and I liked it very much.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment