A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, June 23, 2014

Beloved (Where the Heart Lives #3) - Robin Lee Hatcher

I've read many of Robin Lee Hatcher's books, so I won't mention them all here.  Just know that I really enjoy her books and look forward to reading them.  Notably, I've read the first two books in this series: Belonging and Betrayal.  I was looking forward to Diana's story, but unfortunately it got lost in my To Be Read pile.

Diana was abandoned by her husband soon after their marriage.  She loved him but discovered that he only married her to get back at his father and gain access to his inheritance.  He was declared missing on a battlefield and she's now on the verge of announcing her engagement to another man.  Seeing her husband standing in the doorway on the night of the engagement party is something of a shock to her.

Tyson is a changed man.  His years away have opened his eyes to how wrong he's been. She doesn't seem to love him anymore, but he wants to change her mind and become the husband he was meant to be.  Diana isn't ready to open her heart to him, but agrees to a deal that will secure her future and her mother's after six months.  All she has to do is pretend they're a happily married couple until after the election Tyson is running in.  When she suspects that he's really changed, can she forgive the past and truly make the marriage work?

This book was great.  I had to force myself to put it down and rest my eyes for a while, but I basically read it in two sittings.  I found it interesting the way the book was structured. You want to be on Tyson's side - he's a changed man and trying his best - but then you get a flashback of how he treated Diana in the past, and you're understanding of her stance.  It was unusual and I found myself more involved in both Tyson and Diana's transformations.

In regard to the series, I enjoyed it.  The common thread is the siblings trying to find each other, but it's not a large part of the plot.  If you read them out of order, the main stories won't be affected, just the search for the siblings.  I think this was a good series and recommend it.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment