A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Code Triage (Mercy Hospital #3) - Candace Calvert

The third book in this series, Code Triage was a freebie that I was glad to add to my collection.  I was able to snag the first two, Critical Care and Disaster Status, for free as well.

Leigh has been running from her husband, Nick, for a long time.  Convinced that their marriage was never going to work, they have a week left before the divorce is final.  Leigh is actually back in the same city as her husband, and eventually they were going to run into each other.  She's an ER doctor and he's a police officer.  She plans on leaving to go somewhere after the divorce is final and taking her all important horse with her.

Nick hasn't given up.  He made a mistake and had a brief fling with Sam after his friend's death, but now wants nothing more than to make things right with Leigh.  They run into each other after Nick saves a family and they meet at the ER.  Unfortunately, Nick's fling has been assigned to the family's case as a Crisis Child worker and has decided that she wants Nick for herself.

Manipulation runs rampant when Sam decides that she'll do anything to keep Nick for herself.  Leigh doesn't trust anyone really and fights her feelings, telling herself that the best thing she can do is let the divorce go through.  She tries to believe that she doesn't care about Nick anymore.

I blazed though this book.  It doesn't sound like a book I would enjoy on the surface.  Betrayal, a marriage on the rocks, a family struggling to survive, a couple coming to terms with Alzheimer's.  But I will tell you that once you get into this book, you just have to read to the end and see how it all turns out.

My eyes are bugging out today from all the reading, but it was well worth it.  The author has out another book, Trauma Plan, that is under the series Grace Medical, but it is about Riley, a character that is prominent in this book.  It looks like Riley has gone back home, thus the series change.  I loved the characters in this book and the addition of the update at the end as well.  I don't think that it's necessary to read the books in order, you won't lose anything important by reading them out of order.  I am tracking Trauma Plan now, I hope that the price drops on it!  Great author! Good Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment