A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Saving Hope (Men of the Texas Rangers #1) - Margaret Daley

I was craving a good western romance and decided to give this book about a Texas Rangers a shot.  Unfortunately, I only made it about 30% in before I concluded that I would rather not finish it.

Kate runs a sort of halfway house for teens that have been caught up in prostitution.  Rose is one of those girls and when one of her friends calls for her help, she gets captured by the man who had her trapped in that world that she never wanted to see again.  Kate has to find Rose.  She meets up with Wyatt, a Texas Ranger who has been assigned to look into the child prostitution rings.

Wyatt has a teenage daughter and lives with his mother.  His wife was murdered 9 years ago and he blames himself.  He's going to help to find Rose, but the additions of a murder, a suicide attempt and a missing girl make the case even more complicated.

I don't like to read things that are depressing or deep.  I commend the author for addressing an issue that most of us would rather not believe ever happens.  Unfortunately, that seems to be untrue.  I just don't want to read about it.

I found the attraction between Kate and Wyatt to be somewhat unrealistic as they were supposed to be focused on finding a teen in danger and a murderer, not cooking steaks and chatting.  Wyatt also seemed to not do much of anything except hang around Kate.  He got information about the case, but he didn't seem to be obtaining much information on his own.

I personally was not fond of this book and quit before it continued to get more depressing.  This book came out in March, so there isn't a second book at this time.  I won't be seeking it out.  I'll read something else instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment