A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

When Love Gets in the Way (Colorado Runaway Series #2) - Janelle Mowery

I picked up this book when the price dropped on it.  This is book 2 in the Colorado Runaway Series.  I had a small issue figuring out what order the books went in, When Love Gets in the Way and When Two Hearts Meet have the same publication date.  I had to start one of the books to check the order.  Anyway, book 1, When All My Dreams Come True, was enjoyable and I looked forward to continuing the series.

Grace is a woman trying to escape from a marriage that she can't imagine agreeing to.  She hides in the back of Cade Ramsey's wagon unsuccessfully.  When he finds her, he threatens to take her back to her father.  Eventually convincing him to let her tag along is hard.  She finally tells him her problems, and he takes her to his friend's ranch to help out tomboy Bobbie (from the first book).

Cade runs the livery and it seems like every time he comes across Grace, she attacks him in some way.  His horses get scared away, he gets hit in the eye, stepped on by a horse, and the list goes on and on.  He's put his heart on the line before and been hurt.  He has every intention of staying away from the walking disaster that is Grace.

When Grace's prospective suitor turns up in Rockdale, Cade shows his protective side.  Frank wants Grace no matter what and will do whatever it takes to make that happen.  That includes buying people to do dirty work for him and making Cade's life miserable.

I loved this book.  Grace was a great character that made me laugh at times.  That poor woman was anything but graceful!  Cade was a likable character as well.  The couple from the first book, Jace and Bobbie, are in this book a lot, so I recommend reading the first book in the series before this one.  It's not absolutely necessary, but I think that with them being mentioned that much, it would make it more enjoyable to read that way.

Book 3, as mentioned above, is When Two Hearts Meet.  I'm going to read it next and finish out the series.  Good author!  Great Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment