A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Candle in the Darkness (Refiner's Fire #1) - Lynn Austin

This one was a freebie quite a while ago.  I've tried to read it twice and I just can't get into it.  I have come to the point where I can admit defeat.  I've read 1 or 2 other books by this author so I wanted to like this one.

The story is about a privileged young lady who comes to see the injustices of slavery around the time of the Civil War.  I didn't get very far into it.  When I quit, she was getting ready to go to school.  I don't think her books move fast enough for me.

Of the books that I have read by Lynn Austin, it seems to be a sort of gamble.  I haven't really loved any of her books, but I have thought them interesting enough.  I think I'll avoid her in the future.  She's just not my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment