A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I raised two wonderful girls, and I'm super proud of them. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, August 12, 2024

The Leavenworth Case - Anna Katherine Green

I believe I was put on the track of this book when I read the autobiography of Agatha Christie. She mentioned this book was influential in her own work. This is the first book I've read by this author.

Horatio Leavenworth has been murdered. His normal lawyer is out of town, so the task of watching out for his nieces falls to Mr. Raymond. Raymond is entranced by one of the women, but all the evidence is pointing at her. Will he be able to unravel the mystery and save her?

The plot for this story was very well laid out. It became a bit repetitive at the end, since the same information was told by multiple people. Other than that, I really did like this book. It's in the public domain, so anyone can find a copy of it. I got mine from gutenberg,org.

I didn't want to say much about the plot, so this review is short. If you're a fan of Agatha Christie, I think you'd enjoy this book. The other amazing thing is this book was written in 1878. I would never have guessed that by the writing. Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment