A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I raised two wonderful girls, and I'm super proud of them. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, July 5, 2024

Possession - Ann Rule

We were at my favorite book store, and I was scrounging around in the used books. I had some specific things I wanted to look for, and this author was one of them. She's mainly known for her true crime, so I headed into the nonfiction section and found this book. It was the only one there, and it wasn't until much later I noticed it was fiction.

Danny and Joanne are having marital problems. She's feeling bored, and she's obsessed with finding out why they haven't been able to conceive. He's a policeman, so his hours are also getting on her nerves. His partner, Sam, makes her jealous, because they have a special bond she doesn't understand. Anyway, Danny and Joanne head up into the mountains to try and reconnect. They don't realize a serial killer is tracking Joanne and thinks she's his perfect woman.

The book intrigued me at first. I'm familiar with the settings involved, so that was cool. But the problems started to arise when I thought Danny died. I'll admit, I knew he was dead, but I wanted Sam to find him on the edge of death. After Danny's death was confirmed, I really didn't care what happened to the rest of the people. Once Joanne was in the clutches of the serial killer, I could see where the end was headed, and I hated it. When the end came, I hated it. I also hated the epilogue and the name chosen for the serial killer. They tried to ruin my dad's name! And oh. My. Goodness. The sex...why did we have to be so descriptive and have so much of that in there? I didn't just have to endure reading about rape, there were other descriptions, and I hated all of them as well. Thank goodness it was fiction.

RIP Danny. You deserved better...

PS - On the positive side, the writing style was well done. 



No comments:

Post a Comment