A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, March 9, 2015

Firethorn (Discarded Heroes #4) - Ronie Kendig

This is the fourth and final book in the Discarded Heroes series.  The other three are Nightshade, Digitalis and Wolfsbane.

Chaos has erupted at The Shack.  The team has been attacked and its members scattered.  A few of them have gotten away, but they're MIA and no one has heard from them.  On top of that, people are also after their families.

When the attack went down, Griffin "Legend" was in a maximum security prison for a high profile murder he didn't commit. Trying to protect his family from what's happening to him isn't easy.  When a woman visits him, suddenly it becomes a prison break.

They're going to have to work together to get the team back.  Kazi is a spy that is focused on her mission.  That's her one and only goal.  Griffin is used to being part of a team, and these two butt heads right from the start.  He's not sure he can trust her, and she's not willing to give up any of herself to him.  She's trapped under the thumb of a ruthless man she fears she will never be free of.  If she finishes this mission, she should be able to disappear and retire.

This book was a whirlwind from beginning to end.  From the moment the warehouse is attacked, you're going back and forth between many characters.  At times, almost too many.  You end up reading through at least seven characters' eyes.  More than once, I came across a change in scene and thought, "Oh yeah, I forgot about them!"   It all comes together in the end, you just have to hang in there!

Overall, it's a good book.  I was a little teary eyed at the end, so be warned that it's not all sunshine and roses.  This was a great series and I recommend it.  I also recommend you read them in order, just so you get a sense of who everyone is and their role in the team before it's scattered to the wind!  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment