A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Three Little Words (Walker Family) - Melissa Tagg

This little freebie is another one of my efforts to diminish the amount of things I need to read.  This novella is about 133 pages and didn't take much time to read.  It's a tale that's tied to From the Start, the first book in the Walker Family series.  From the Start comes out March 31, 2015.

This story is about Seth and Ava.  They meet back up at a college reunion.  Ava has no desire to be there, but her favorite professor is retiring and she wants to see him.  When he has a sudden heart attack, she meets up with Seth and they start emailing each other. I liked the transition between the words "email me" and the time in between.  "One year and 1,473 emails later" - super cute.

Seth's big dream is to open up a restaurant and his goal is in sight.  Ava has enjoyed emailing him but knows that he has a girlfriend.  Seth's dedication to commitment has him feeling obligated to his girlfriend, but Ava is coming to mean a great deal to him as well.  I think you can probably guess what the three little words are but getting there is the real story.

The characters in this short story are well developed and I'm impressed at the author's ability to write a complete story in such a short time.  I loved all the characters.  There's a teaser in there for From the Start at the end, and I'll be posting my review for that title on the 31st.  This one happens just before the book, but you can read this one alone if you want to.  As of today, it's free, so you're not losing anything by trying it out.  This looks to be a great series and I look forward to more!  The author has a great writing style that makes you want to keep reading.  Good Novella!


No comments:

Post a Comment