A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Where the Truth Lies - Elizabeth Ludwig and Janelle Mowery - DTB

This is a Heartsong mystery.  To me, that means it's a diet book.  A light, fun read that I can get through in one to two days.  I had this one because I got this book for my church library and decided to read it before placing it on the shelf!  I chose it because of the authors. I've read multiple books by both these authors and haven't been disappointed.

Casey's come to town because her aunt is missing and the police assume that she has committed suicide.  Casey will never believe it, but when the police don't have any interest in pursuing the killer, she decides to use her sleuthing skills to solve the case herself. Thank goodness she's read all of the Brandy Purcell detective novels!  Now she's armed with her Post-It notes and a desire for the truth.

Luke seems to meet up with Casey when she's involved in accidents.  When they first meet, he's wielding a shovel, and she's suspicious that he's the one who drove her off the road in the first place.  He's one of her main suspects, but when he continues to help her, he quickly becomes her confidant.  He seems to really care about her and that makes her nervous.  But when there are multiple attacks on her and a break-in at her aunt's home, it becomes clear that someone doesn't want her to discover the truth.

This was a great read, but I'm sorry to say that it isn't available on Kindle at present.  It's a shame, really, since it is a cute book.  I really liked Casey's fumbled attempts at detective work, especially when she suggests the police use her fingerprinting kit.  If you come across a copy of this, it's worth picking up if you're in the mood for a lighthearted, unique romantic mystery.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment