A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Quarryman's Bride (Land of Shining Water #2) - Tracie Peterson

Tracie Peterson is a great author.  I've read many of her novels.  If I listed them all out here, it would take up too much of the post!  In this series, I've had the opportunity to read The Icecutter's Daughter.  I have the third book in the series, The Miner's Lady, waiting for me on my Kindle.

A tragedy has struck Emmy's family.  Now, her upcoming marriage has been cancelled so that she can take care of her parents.  It's traditional for the youngest daughter to devote her life to taking care of the aging parents.

Tavin feels a deep sense of betrayal.  He asked Emmy to elope with him, but feels like she chose her family over him.  He runs away from home and his feelings.  Eleven years later, he finds himself back home and Emmy's family has moved back as well.  The only way they can be together is if Emmy's father changes his mind.  And it will take an act of God to make that happen.

I really enjoyed this book.  It's definitely a stand alone.  I didn't see the characters from the first book at all, making it okay to read these alone or out of order.  I was a little disappointed when I saw there wasn't any connection between this book and the next one as I wished there had been some closure for the doctor.

All things said, I did enjoy this book, despite the sadness I read at times.  I really liked the characters and read it in two days.  I look forward to reading the third one.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment