A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, April 14, 2014

A Lady Like Sarah (Rocky Creek Romance #1) - Margaret Brownley

It wasn't long ago that I read the third book in this series, A Vision of Lucy.  I really liked that one, so when the price dropped on this one, I picked it up.

Justin is on his way to Texas to accept his new position as pastor to a church in Rocky Creek.  He was forced to leave his previous church and now questions his path.  On his way to Texas, he comes upon a strange sight.  A lawman has been shot and he's still handcuffed to his prisoner.  Justin is shocked when he discovers that it's a woman.

Sarah is an outlaw.  Her father's name tainted her family and now they rob stages.  Justin has promised the lawman that he will see Sarah turned in, but as he gets to know her, and love her, he finds his promise hard to keep.  He wants Sarah to trust God to make sure she doesn't hang, but Sarah is confident if she turns herself in and tries to go straight, she will hang for sure.  If she stays on the run forever, she'll never have the kind of life she desires, but she's scared of the consequences.

This was a pretty good book.  The story was unique and I appreciate that.  There were times I was wondering if I was going to get that happy ending.  I just didn't see how it was going to happen, but all turned out well.  It was a nice read and I look forward to reading the second book in the series, A Suitor for Jenny.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment