A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Confessions of a Prayer Slacker - Diane Moody

This book popped up for free and it caught my eye.  I'm not sure about you, but I'm a total prayer slacker.  I'm not normally a nonfiction reader, but I thought it was worth a try.

Inside, this author doesn't give you prayer guilt for your habits, she just tries to steer you in the right direction.  She doesn't shove in your face that you struggle, she also struggles and is very open about it.  I found the writing style to be amusing and it made the book more personal.  It was like you were having a conversation with the author on each page.

The only complaint I have is the amount of quotes in the book.  For some reason, at times it seemed like it was more a compilation of other books than an original work.  Let me just clarify: I really did enjoy this book.  It was insightful and it made me want to work harder at something that I have struggled with so much in the past.  You have an excuse?  She'll lay it bare for you and show you how to move past it.

I recommend this book.  It was well-written and was a beneficial read.  Good book!


No comments:

Post a Comment