A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Bid for Love (Love Series #1, Cassi and Jared) - Rachel Ann Nunes

I picked this book up when I was getting a little low on books to read on my Kindle.  It was free and looked like it might be interesting.

Cassi works for an art gallery and is headed to an auction to acquire a really ugly Buddha statue for her boss.  Her boss really wants this statue and his instructions strike Cassi as suspicious.  While she is preparing for the auction, she runs into Jared and isn't really looking her best.

Jared also works at a gallery and is under similar instructions from his boss, except that he is to acquire the statue no matter what it takes.  He is captivated by Cassi, wondering if she is more than what she appears.

A mysterious note before the auction makes Cassi believe that Jared may be using scare tactics to keep people, especially her, from bidding on the statue.  When it comes up for sale, Cassi has to leave during the bidding to help her friend.  While Jared wins the statue, his problems are just beginning.

Hiding out from people that seem intent on getting the statue for themselves, Jared and Cassi team up to find out what could possibly be that important about it.  Working together shows them both something they have been missing.  Love.

I thought that this was a nice little book.  It was entertaining and a quick read for me. There are more in this series.  Apparently, their happily ever after hasn't really happened yet, but I'm not planning on following the series.  Maybe because it's a contemporary romance, I just can't say for sure.  I'm a historical girl at heart and it takes a lot to get me interested in contemporary.  There are only a few authors that have gotten my devotion over the years.  It was a good book, but there just wasn't anything in there that caused me to want to continue the story past this point.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment