A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I raised two wonderful girls, and I'm super proud of them. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Snow Blind - Ragnar Jónasson

While at Half Price Books, I spent a lot of time in the Clearance area. I looked for some specific books, but I wanted to find some little gems as well. This one appealed to me mostly because it was an Icelandic author, and the story sounded cool. The book was $2.

Ari Thór has decided to head north to be a policeman in a small town in Iceland. He's told nothing ever happens there, but apparently that isn't true. A vicious attack leaves a woman bleeding in the snow, and an accident leaves an older gentleman dead. The past is going to come back to haunt the town, and the fresh perspective of Ari Thór is the only thing that will crack the case.

This book was a great find! I know it's a translated copy, so there are little typos here and there, but the story itself was excellent. I didn't look into anything about it before I started. I wanted to go in 'blind'! Puns aside, I really enjoy this one and recommend it highly for those who love a good mystery. The weather/town is almost a whole character in itself! Wow!

I also discovered this is the first book in a 6 book series. I was super happy to see the entire series is available on Kindle, so I'm going to watch the price of the second book, Nightblind. I may not be able to pronounce anything in Icelandic (places/names), but it didn't prevent me from enjoying this book. Great Find! Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment