A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I raised two wonderful girls, and I'm super proud of them. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Ragman - Ray Fawkes

My daughter picked this up at our favorite game store. She'd had exposure to the character through one of the shows she'd watched (I think it was Arrow). She'd really enjoyed the character and snatched up this comic.

Rory is the sole survivor of a tragic mission. Something happened when the team discovered a cloak, and now Rory is Ragman. Demons are streaming into reality, and they seem to be coming for everyone Rory cares about.

This comic went way beyond my expectations. I knew absolutely nothing about this character when I opened the cover, and when I was done, I was super sad it was over. The depth of feelings explored was surprising. Topics like survivor's guilt, grief and finding a new normal are part of this tale. I mean, demons are getting demolished as well, but the core of what attracted me to the character was the internal conflict Rory dealt with.

The art was amazing and the story so good. Ragman is a seriously underrated character. He's had a series three times, this particular one being the most recent. His first series was in the 1970s. The one that drew my interest was in the 1990s, where it gave Rory a Jewish background, and he was fighting Nazis. I'd like to read more, but it seems like Ragman is hard to find. I'll see what I can do, but my hopes aren't high for more Ragman. This particular comic was excellent though. Highly recommend it. Even if you don't know anything about Ragman (like me), I think the character arc he goes through is so well done. Great Comic!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment