A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, April 8, 2024

Rather Die Fighting - Frank Blaichman

This book focuses on the important, and often overlooked role, of the Jewish resistance. Frank is not even an adult when the war comes to his town. He ends up in the forest and fighting with others against the Nazis. A key difference is these people went out of their way to make sure they didn't punish the innocent.

This is written in a very easy manner, but it was also incredibly sad. The narrator would mention a person, and most of the time, it was followed up with how they were killed shortly thereafter. The worst were the accidents. On top of that, the people that went through all this don't seem to find peace after the war ends.

I really enjoyed this book. The only criticism I have is the location of the pictures. They include people that haven't been introduced yet, so it was a bit confusing. Other than that, I recommend this book for a different perspective of the Jewish experience during WWII. Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment