A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Against All Odds - Alex Kershaw

WWII brought out the best and worst in a lot of humanity. This book focuses on the 3rd Infantry Division, mainly four specific men: Maurice Britt, Audie Murphy, Keith Ware and Michael Daly. Others are mentioned here and there, but the book mainly follows these four through the war and afterwards.

The book is divided up into The Mediterranean (Italy), France, Germany, and Peace. Also, within the chapters, there are many section breaks, so I didn't have to dedicate an hour to make it to a break in the book. It has pictures in the middle (paperback), and notes and a bibliography at the end.

I really enjoyed this book. I learned a lot about the 3rd Infantry Division and some of the more notable members that were in WWII. The book is well-researched as evidenced by the amount of material referenced in the bibliography.

These men all had one thing in common: they didn't do it for the glory. They did it to survive and try to save the man next to them. Many times they weren't able to do it, which weighed heavily on them. They didn't come home to bask in the glory and wear their medals to the store. They were true heroes. Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment