A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Sunday, January 28, 2024

67 Tales from Poland - various authors

This book is a collection of folk tales and short stories. They are unique to anything I've ever read in the past.

Out of the 780 pages listed on Amazon, only about 230 are dedicated to what I would call folk tales. The rest are short stories. Once the folk tales ended, I started to slog through the book. I skipped the final 6 stories. I just couldn't do it anymore. 

Overall, I liked the strange folk tales. Some of them were so weird, and I loved it. Others seemed to teach the wrong lesson or no lesson at all. If I had stopped when those tales stopped, I would have enjoyed the book a lot more and "finished" it a lot sooner. Of the short stories I read, the only one I can remember being somewhat interested in was The Returning Wave. For me, the book was a bit disappointing as a whole.



No comments:

Post a Comment