A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Three movies that piqued my interest...

Lately, I've had the chance to see some really good movies on a variety of streaming services. I've also seen some pretty strange stuff, but we won't talk about that. I'm going to briefly mention three here without saying too much, but all three are based on true stories and led me to look more into what inspired the movies. I think all three are worth watching, so if you've got the time and one sounds interesting, why not give it a watch? I'm listing them here in alphabetical order.

The Courier - Amazon Prime

Benedict Cumberbatch portrays Greville Wynne, a salesman who gets wrapped up in the spy game during the Cold War. It isn't what he's used to, and it has long-lasting effects on his life. The end almost had me in tears. There is real footage of Wynne at the end, and it made me smile.


Munich: The Edge of War - Netflix

I wasn't expecting too much from this one. This is set before the breakout of WWII. The main event is the Munich Conference in 1938. One man has come into possession of a document that he wants to get to the English Prime Minister, and he needs a former friend's help. Even knowing how things would turn out with the Conference itself, I still felt tense wondering what would happen to the two men. This one surprised me in a good way and was well worth my time!


The Train - Tubi

My daughter has found some "interesting" stuff on this free streaming service, and so have I, but I've also found some stuff that's totally been worth watching. This movie was one of them. It's from 1964, so it's black & white and over two hours. That made me a bit wary, but it was really good. It's about the French Resistance in WWII trying to stop a train full of precious paintings from leaving France when the Allies are days away from reclaiming Paris. It's not one of those movies where everyone makes it out alive, so don't get too attached to the characters. This one is based on a book by Rose Valland, a real Resistance member who saved many works of art. I'd never heard of this movie, but it's a hidden gem that I am glad I watched!

No comments:

Post a Comment