A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Baby on the Back Porch (Short Story) - Lucia N. Davis

I've fallen into something of a bad habit lately.  I've been going to eReaderIQ each day and scrolling through the day's freebies in genres that appeal to me.  The problem is, I keep snatching up these smaller stories and new authors, lengthening my TBR pile. Then, I feel the need to read these smaller ones to lower the number of books I have to read, but then also end up picking up more titles as I go!  Anyway, I picked this one up when I noticed it took place in the Cascades - I've been up there and it's beautiful!

Sara has come to the remote cabin in the mountains to write and get away from all the emotions that were surrounding her in the city.  She's hoping the change of scenery will give her some peace, but then she starts seeing a bear and having disturbing dreams. The man who owns the cabin, David, assures her there shouldn't be a grizzly anywhere in the area and does his best to assure her.  Sara knows what she's seen and wants to get to the bottom of it.

This was a pretty good story that I enjoyed for the most part.  The characters are susceptible to speeches, making some of the dialogue seem strange.  The ending was bogged down a bit with these speeches and felt rushed.  Overall, it was a nice little story. I just wish the end hadn't felt so rushed.  Decent story.



No comments:

Post a Comment