A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Summer of Dreams (A From This Moment Novella) - Elizabeth Camden

This novella is a prequel to From This Moment, due out early June.

Clyde is something of a bad boy at West Point and has a ton of demerits to work off if he wants to graduate and have a chance at the Corps of Engineers.  To work off some of these demerits, he's agreed to install a pump in a birdcage for the daughter of the general.

Evelyn and her cousin, Romulus, aren't building a birdhouse, but a beautiful greenhouse. When Clyde joins their team, their dreams run wild of what can be accomplished.  Clyde and Evelyn are drawn to each other, but Evelyn has vowed to never choose the life of an army wife.  Since she was a child, she'd been shuttled from one house to another, never being able to settle.

These two are going to have to take a chance on love if they want to be together, but it won't be easy.  I thought this story was well written, and I loved the camaraderie between Romulus, Evelyn and Clyde.

The novella takes up about 67% of the book with a sneak peek at the main novel at the end.  I've had the pleasure of reading From This Moment, which is the story of Romulus, but Clyde and Evelyn's story continues as well.  Since Clyde and Evelyn were my favorite part of the novel, this was a good read.  Recommended.  From This Moment is due for release June 7.  Good Novella!


No comments:

Post a Comment