A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, May 30, 2014

Tide Will Tell (Islands of Intrigue: San Juans #2) - Lesley Ann McDaniel

After reading the first book in the series, The Unrelenting Tide, I went ahead and just kept going to read this, the second book in the series.  These books are by different authors. This is my first read by this author.

Kate is running from her past.  She comes to Shaw Island as the fiance of a billionaire and is suddenly the focus of everyone's attention.  Her fiance is considerably older than she is, but she's drawn to his promise of protection.  Once she gets to the island, she discovers there's a lot he hasn't told her.  Like the fact he has children practically her age or he's had two previous wives that died/disappear.

Josh is visiting as a friend of one of the fiance's children.  He's drawn to Kate and wonders why she's agreeing to this marriage when there are so many questions about her fiance and his past.  He wants to help her, but senses there's more to her story than she's willing to tell.  He wants to protect her, but will she let him in?

This book was a nice, easy read.  I did figure out who the villain was pretty easily.  Kate was a little confusing at times since she didn't want to trust Josh with her secrets, but told someone else with little forethought.  She also wasn't very bright at times with her cell phone.  I liked the first book a bit more.

As I mentioned before, this is the second book in the series.  Connecting it to the first book is a scene from the first book replayed in this one through Kate and Josh's eyes.  It would be okay to read these out of order or alone.  The third book, Deceptive Tide, is by Janalyn Voigt and comes out summer 2015.  I haven't read anything by that author either, so I'm not sure I'll keep an eye out for it.  Good Book!


2 comments: