A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, March 25, 2013

The Dunn Deal (Christine Sterling Mystery #2) - Catherine Leggitt

My final book review for New Author Month is this mystery.  I'm not usually a big mystery novel reader, but this one had caught my eye.

Christine's good friends just had a tragedy and Christine is determined to make sure the truth is told.  She ends up getting her nose in the investigation, much to everyone's dismay.  Not only does she put herself in danger, but she ends up getting a young woman involved when her dog is taken hostage.  Nothing seems to stop this woman.

I admit it took me a little while to get through this one.  I found Christine to be kinda crazy in the way that she was pursuing a murderer.  Even when she suspects someone, she doesn't seem to have any issues confronting them.  She also waffles between missing her dog like crazy and doing nothing.  The secrets she keeps from not only the police but her own husband really bothered me.

This book is part of a trilogy.  This particular book is the second one.  There are references to the first book,  Payne and Misery, but I didn't feel like I missed anything by reading it out of order.  The last book, Parrish the Thought, came out in November.  I don't plan on tracking the other two, it just wasn't my kind of book.


No comments:

Post a Comment