A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

McKenzie (Montana Skies #1) - Penny Zeller

This is one of my "new author month" books.

McKenzie is desperate to save her sister, Kaydie.  Kaydie ran off with a man who turned out to be an abusive bank robber.  McKenzie knows that she needs to save her sister and comes up with a plan to become a mail-order bride so that she has the funds and support to search for her sister in Montana.

Zach wants a help mate, someone who will share in his journey of life and be a mother to his adopted son, Davey.  The man has a heart of gold and has no idea that McKenzie plans on finding her sister and getting back to Boston.

McKenzie is an irritating brat for most of the book.  I almost put it down a few times, but I wanted to see if she became a true wife to poor Zach.  There are moments in there where there are flashbacks or daydreams.  The daydreams are written as if they really happened and are a little distracting that way.  After a while, I skipped them all together.

I'm glad that I made it to the end of this book.  It was an enjoyable read and sets you up for the story of Kaydie in book 2.  I think that if it popped up for free, I might pick it up, but I won't be tracking it at this time.  Decent Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment