A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, March 4, 2013

Heart of Gold - Lacy Williams

This novella was up for free and looked to be right up my alley.  When I picked it up, I didn't realize it was a novella, but it was a quick read.  This is my second read for new author month.

Opal is returning home to Wyoming with the intentions of getting some money from her father.  Her passion back east is an orphanage and if her father doesn't help her, she is considering marrying a man she doesn't love to get the money she needs.

Charlie works for Opal's father and isn't impressed with her on first appearance.  She immediately asks about gold in a busy area, raising the suspicions of some less than savory characters.  Her poor decision making causes a lot of trouble.

This was a quick, enjoyable read.  Most of the other books written by this author are Love Inspired books.  They appear to be the Christian version of the skinny Harlequin books, just without all the smut.  Most of them are affordable and I am not tracking any of hers at this time.  Heart of Gold is still up for free.  If you've got a couple hours and don't have much to read, it's not a bad way to spend your time.  Good Book!




No comments:

Post a Comment