A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, March 15, 2013

No Safe Harbor (Edge of Freedom #1) - Elizabeth Ludwig

This is my 5th book for new author month.  At one point, I put it off to the side thinking that I wouldn't finish it, but I committed to new author month and decided that it was important for me to finish it.

Cara only has her brother left in this world and thought that he was dead as well until she gets a letter from him telling her that he's alive and he's in trouble.  Warning her not to trust anyone, she makes her way to America to find her brother.

Rourke is on a quest to avenge his father's death.  Holding Cara's brother responsible, he decides to get close to Cara.  He needs to find out what she really knows and see if she knows exactly where her brother is hiding.  As time goes by, he realizes that he's more interested in creating a future with Cara than avenging his father.

I have to admit that it was wrong of me to give up on this book.  At the time, it seemed like I kept reading the same interactions between Rourke and Cara over and over where neither one would trust the other with their secrets and lied to each other.  It was frustrating.  When I picked it back up, I felt that they were starting to trust each other more.

This actually turned out to be a good book.  I was somewhat disappointed at the end and immediately went and looked up if there was a sequel.  Dark Road Home will be out in August and is the story of Ana from the boardinghouse and Eoghan (pronounced Owen). This particular book can be read alone, but I have the feeling that you'll get more of the brother/sister relationship in book 2.  I hope so anyway!  I've put it on my watch list and think it will end up being another good read.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment