A while back, we purchased a Humble Bundle that had World of Warcraft content. There were comics, manga and novels. I was getting a bit nostalgic about WoW, so I decided to dive into this trilogy.
Krasus is a dragon mage who enlists the help of his friend, Rhonin, to investigate a wrongness in their world. Nozdormu, the Dragon of Time, needs help. When the mages get close to the anomaly, it transports them back in time. It's before the initial invasion of the Burning Legion. A portal is being made to try and bring the Legion into the night elf city, and Krasus and Rhonin have to decide if they want to risk altering the past and possibly destroying the future.
There is a lot going on in this. An orc has also been transported to the past, and he has zero chance of blending in. He doesn't even really have any idea what's happened to him. Familiar names in the world of the night elves had me wracking my brain to remember them. Malfurion Stormrage and his twin, Illidan are young and just learning how to use their powers. Tyrande, the priestess of Elune, has yet to choose who to spend her life with. But with the Legion trying to come through, they don't have tons of time to figure out their love life.
I really enjoyed this book, but I hated the copy I got from Humble Bundle. It was long enough ago that the link no longer worked, so I was stuck with each page of my pdf being landscape with two pages on it. I had to read it on my tablet, which I really don't like doing.
You're definitely meant to keep going with the trilogy. I wouldn't recommend diving into this unless you plan on reading all three. While major elements of the plot are wrapped up, other important elements are left unsettled.
The story was really fun for me. I could see a lot of the characters in my mind as I read about them, but I haven't played in a few years, so I looked up a few to refresh my memory of what they looked like. The night elves are special to me, since my main character was a night elf priest. World of Warcraft was a big part of my life for a long time. I went around healing my warrior husband, and we made friends that we still have to this day. I'm glad the other two books are in a normal format, and I look forward to diving into the next one, The Demon Soul. Good Book!

No comments:
Post a Comment