A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I raised two wonderful girls, and I'm super proud of them. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Sunday, September 27, 2026

Love Lifts the Curse - Barbara Cartland

I’m always in the mood for a Barbara Cartland. They follow a formula, and I can read them in a day.

In this one, Jacoba has to move out of her house after her father and uncle die in a rail accident. She has no money and no idea what to do. Her solicitor finds a position for her with an old man, but it’s actually a young(ish) Earl. His nephew was annoyed with him and decided to play a joke on him by sending him a woman. The Earl has sworn to not have women in his home, and the nephew thinks sending a random woman will be a hilarious joke.

Once Jacoba arrives, she finds out she’s been deceived. The Earl isn’t old, deaf or blind. In fact, he yells at her so loud that his dogs attack her. Once she starts to get better, the Earl is attacked and spends a good chunk of the book unconscious. But guess what? They fall in love!

This is definitely a Barbara Cartland. The woman is dumber than a box of rocks and is incapable of speaking a sentence without pausing every two words. The man and woman are barely together, but they are madly in love! If you know what to expect from these, you’ll be content. For me, they’re nostalgic and hilarious. It’s almost always a Good Book! and this one gets the tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment