A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

The Ever - presented by RED

The interesting thing about this one is it's related to a story and videos by one of my favorite bands - RED. This band has been at the top of my list for over 20 years, and I've dragged my husband (and the kids) to multiple concerts. The kids definitely enjoyed them, but I can't always tell with my husband. Anyway, I'd probably try to go to more concerts, but my ears aren't happy at them anymore. Even with earplugs.

Beauty and Rage is the album related to this story. Multiple videos/songs come together in this short graphic novel. The ideas are the band's, the content is written by Matt Rosenberg, and the art is done by Breno Tamura.

I'm not sure how to describe the story. It's unusual and unique. Waking up in the Red Forest, Anthony has to not only find his way out, but free himself from what holds him captive. It's a lot of Feed the Machine and Darkest Part for those familiar with the music videos. If you aren't, this probably won't make a lot of sense.

I enjoy this one a lot. Being a fan of RED might have a lot to do with it, but I like the artwork, and I feel like the story ties a lot of the videos together for me. It also makes me want to go back and listen to the music. I'm glad I got this one when it was available. Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment